Monday, September 20, 2010

The 30 Day Meme: Day 6 - My Day (In Gre- ahh hell whatever teenage girl came up with this meme really ought to be shot)

6:00 am (actually 5:54 am, my alarm clock is about 6 minutes fast): Wake up to my alarm.  The snooze bar is verboten as far as I'm concerned.  I want to sleep right up until the alarm goes off... Not set the alarm for 45 minutes before I actually have to wake up so I can hit snooze a few times before I actually get up.  This is something I started in college by strategically placing my alarm clock on the opposite side of the room and sleeping on the top bunk.  By the time I got out of bed and walked across the alarm to turn it off I was wide awake.


6:01 am: Turn the shower on, shampoo my hair.  Shave, wash my body, rinse the shampoo out of my hair.

6:10 am: Get out of the shower, dry off, brush teeth, blow-dry hair, take my meds. 

6:20 am: Get dressed

6:23 am: Check on my daughter, make sure she's still sleeping soundly
6:25 am: Kiss my wife goodbye.

6:26 am: Check my e-mail, delete any junk email (usually most of what is in my inbox at this hour)

6:30 am: Grab my lunch from the fridge, my coffee from the coffee maker, and put on my shoes.

6:32-6:36 am-ish: Hop in the car and tune in to 560 AM WIND (Big John & Amy) for my morning commute.

6:50-6:55 am-ish (depending on traffic) arrive at work. 

7:00 am: Arrive at desk, check work emails, start work.

9:30 am: Working breakfast, usually oatmeal.

10:30 am: re-fill my coffee with instant rotgut coffee.  Continue working.

Noon: Break for lunch.

12:30 pm: Resume work

2:00 pm: (optional) Re-fill my coffee with more instant rotgut coffee.  Continue working.

6:00 pm: Depart my desk.

6:05 pm: Start my car and head home.

6:35-6:45-ish (depending on traffic): Arrive at home to be greeted by my beautiful wife and adorable daughter:



7:00 pm: Give my daughter her bath.

7:15 pm: Change my daughter into her pajamas.

8:00 pm: Read my daughter her bedtime stories, sing her her lullabies, and put her to bed.

8:15-8:30 pm-ish: Eat my dinner.  Watch a bit of telly with the wife, un-wind a bit.

9:30 pm-ish: Prepare my lunch for the next day. 

9:45 pm-ish Get ready for bed

10:00-10:30 pm-ish: Read whatever book I'm in the middle of/have recently started (as of this posting: Heyday by Kurt Andersen).

10:45-11:00 pm-ish: Turn out the lights and go to sleep.

1 comment:

Susan as Herself said...

Wow. That's a LONG workday. I don't get to work until between 8:30 and 9:00am, and I leave around 5:30pm.

But I must say you have the world's shortest commute, it seems!