Monday, September 13, 2010

The 30 Day Meme: Day 5 - My Definition of Love (in great detail)

Love, as a word, gets tossed around far too liberally and freely.  The word is entirely insufficient to truly describe the full depth and breadth of emotion it encompasses.  Love is a feeling that betrays description... With that in mind below are three ocassions when I experienced love:

On April 16th, 2005 as I first saw my wife in her wedding gown being led toward me by her father and feeling my breath being taken away and my jaw hitting the floor.

On September 27th, 2008.  My wife opened the bathroom door holding three seperate pregnancy tests all displaying Plus signs! 



At 8:14 pm on 6/1/09 hearing my daughter's first cries as she entered the world, tears of joy filled my eyes (I'm an emotional sap, what can I say?)  After she was cleaned up, the nurse handed her to me to show my wife and then led the two of us into the recovery room while we waited for my wife to join us.  As I held her, all swaddled up she stopped crying and looked directly into my eyes.  From that moment she had Daddy's heart wrapped around her little finger.

2 comments:

Snooze said...

What a nice post to read. It kept me smiling for ages

SK said...

What a great description of love. The one with your daughter really got me.. darn emotions... or is it the thyroid? :)