Monday, May 14, 2007

New Diet

There's apparently a new diet out there. I just heard the tail end of an ad for it on TV... Apparently all you need to do to lose weight is pick up the phone. It didn't really indicate who you should call... it just said, "Pick up the phone and you'll lose weight."

I don't think it works though... If anything I was a few ounces heavier after I picked up the phone than before... I'm wondering if I'm supposed to do some curls with it or something.... I'll keep everyone posted. ;-)

/tongue-in-cheek

9 comments:

dantallion said...

I caught the tail end of that ad too. I figured it has something to do with high impact dialing.

Susan as Herself said...

Huh. It's probably phone sex. All that heavy breathing. You could lose weight. Maybe.

Jay Noel said...

You forgot...it said pick up the phone AND CALL.

That's how you lose weight.

Bar L. said...

I need to lose quite a bit so I picked up three phones at once...still nothing! I'm very disappointed.

Metal Mark said...

Maybe you jump rope with the phone cord.

awareness said...

I just got off the phone after talking for an hour.....and now my ear is all sweaty. Great workout.

Snooze said...

I'm with Susan. It must be a 1-900 line. Not just heavy breathing, but all that wrist action.

Perplexio said...

LOL, Snooze, I believe you hit the nail on the head.

Although, Metal Mark, I like your jump-roping with the phone cord idea... but with cordless phones... it makes your idea a little more difficult.

Soup Waiter said...

You know those big red phone boxes in London? half a tonne of metal concreted into the ground? try picking that up, there you go.