Friday, July 14, 2006

ROFL at Jimmy Barnes live

So, I've been on a Jimmy Barnes kick lately. Love the dude's raspy growl of a voice. I was listening to a live version of his Aussie hit Working Class Man today and noticed he took some rather amusing liberties with the lyrics that nearly made me spew my coffee:

Original lyrics:
Well he loves a little woman
Someday he’ll make his wife
Savin’ all the overtime
For the one love of his life

Live version lyrics:
Well he loves a little woman
But you best not tell his wife
Or she’s gonna cut of his balls off now
With a sixteen inch carbon knife

Now, not only do I dig Barnes for his voice but also for his impeccable sense of humor.

6 comments:

Bar L. said...

LOL!!!

Ok, I KID YOU NOT - When I opened this email I was listening to Jimmy Barnes "Your Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher" which was sent to me by one of the coolest dudes that floats around on this planet!!

Jeff said...

I just wanted to let you know that I listened to that song and like it a lot. Very Floyd esque

St. Dickeybird said...

Lol, that's great!

Green Eyes said...

I'll have to listen to that one! Happy Monday!

Perplexio said...

layla: Gotta love Barnes piss and vinegar style of singing!

jeff: Glad you dug the Floyd-esque Cetera track.

Dickeybird: Coincidentally that's JUST the song that started playing as I started to type this comment.

Green Eyes: Happy Monday to you too and you really need to stop with those HNTs of yours, you make my pulse quicken and heart palpitate far too much. ;-)

Keshi said...

thats good ol' barney! lol!

Keshi.