Snarfed from bearette24:
1. Which curse word do you use the most?
I don't curse much any more, but when I do it's generally "f*ckin'"-- yes that specific variation of that word... One of my close friends often says "f*ckin' hilarious"-- in his presence many of us (his other friends) end up saying it as well to mimic him.
2. Do you own an iPod?
3. What time is your alarm clock set for?
6:30. But generally the snooze gets hit at least twice which means I generally don't get up until it goes off at 6:44 am. I toast a bagel for breakfast and make sack lunches for the wifey and I while she's getting ready.
4. How many suitcases do you own?
Betwixt the wifey and I, several.
5. Do you wear flip flops even when it's cold?
Depends on what you consider cold. Generally not. If it's colder than 50 degrees no... But I did once wear sandals on the return trip from a cruise in January. I had to run through the snow in sandals to re-park my car so wifey could put her car back in the garage. There was snow on the ground and my toes turned into toecicles. Chicago winters are NOT meant for sandals.
6. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
If it's a group shot I don't mind being in it, but generally I prefer taking pictures.
7. What was the last movie you watched?
The Patriot (it was on TV and it had been awhile since I'd watched it)
8. Do you or any of your friends have children?
Wifey & I don't yet, but we have friends who are expecting and another friend who has a 3 year old son who is also a fan of Beck.
9. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
10. Do you ever take medication to help you sleep?
When I'm sick I gladly tack Nyquil. But I never take anything to help me sleep when I'm otherwise healthy.
11. Which CD is currently in your CD player?
Jimmy Barnes Raw (live 2001)
12. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
regular 2% is my personal favorite. It's just creamy enough
13. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
14. When was the last time someone hit on you?
I was on a business trip this past weekend there was much alcohol being consumed and some women who otherwise wouldn't have been doing so, were flirting with me a bit. But it was pretty innocent. I don't remember the last time I was "hit on."
15. Can you whistle?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I can whistle with two fingers... if those two fingers are holding a whistle (thanks to the late Mitch Hedburg for that joke)
16. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
A wrong number. The switchboard at my office inadvertantly transferred someone to my phone who was trying to be transferred to someone else in the office.
17. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
18. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Yes, who didn't? I miss Looney Toons... Speedy Gonzalez, Pepe LePieux, Daffy Duck, Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote, Sylvester & Tweety, etc. etc. Those were the days.
[question missing here]
20. Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Not so much any more. Now that I'm married and have no "agenda" or romantic interest in anyone of the opposite sex other than wifey I find it considerably easier to talk to the lasses and be generally friendly with them.
21. Which movie(s) do you know every line to?
Back to the Future and I know a good portion of and Things to Do In Denver When You're Dead and Real Genius as well.
22. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Chicago, The Verve Pipe, and Dream Theater (I realize that's a rather unusual mix)
23. What is your favorite salad dressing?
24. Who was the last person to make you mad?
The wifey-- with most folks I'm too laidback and easy-going to ever be angry with them. The wifey is the only one to drive me to extremes (both good and bad).
25. Do you do your own dishes?
I generally pre-rinse before putting them in the dishwasher-- does that count?
26. Ever cry in public?
There are a few films I saw in theaters that brought me to tears (United 93, The Patriot, and a few I'd rather not admit to) so yes.
27. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
at the moment I'm on a laptop.
28. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
29. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
No, especially not now that I'm married.
30. What did you do before this?
Went to lunch, requested an Aussie film on DVD from the local library's web site, talked to one of my co-workers about something.
31. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
I'm not sure but I bet it was when I was in college and passed out drunk.
32. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
With about 3-5 hours I can (mal)function. To properly function I need at least 6 hours. 8-10 and I'm in good shape.
33. Do you eat breakfast daily?
Half a bagel every day!
34. Are your days full and fast-paced?
Depends on the day.
35. Do you pay attention to the calories on the package?
No silly, the calories aren't on the package they're in the food. If the calories were on the package we'd all be really skinny because not too many people eat the packaging!
36. Do you use sarcasm?
Yes. My wife being British has a rather dry sarcastic wit. I need to use the same type of humor to stay on the same page.
37. How old will you be on your next birthday?
38. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Sometimes yes. I generally consider the source. The less educated a person is, the more I'm willing to let slide (inside I'm cringing, but I keep my trap shut about it). The more educated a person is, the less I let him/her get away with.
39. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
No. I used to work at Cedar Point-- Six Flags was/is the enemy. I have been to 2 Six Flags parks BEFORE they became Six Flags parks (The Great Escape in Lake George, NY and Darien Lake near Buffalo, NY).
40. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
Blog World: It's pretty even. I've got a nice mix of male and female of various different ages, backgrounds, sexual orientations, etc.
Real World: Generally the same sex. It used to be more the opposite sex, but as I've slid deeper into married life I've come to treasure those occassions where boys can be boys-- scratch, spit, belch, crack lewd jokes, and other wonderfully testoserone addled activities that are generally unacceptable in mixed company.
41. Do you like mustard?
42. Do you sleep on your side, stomach, or back?
On my stomach or on my side with my legs crossed in a figure 4 (or dyslexic figure 4 position depending on which side I'm lying on) position.
43. Do you watch the news?
You call 24 hours of Natalee Holloway on Headline News and FoxNews News?!?!?! If the news actually covered NEWS I might watch it.
44. One of your scars--how did you get it?
I've got this deep scar on my right shin. I was 16 and riding around my block with my friend Geoff. He started riding his bike by holding the cross bar instead of the handlebars, he said, "Look what I can do!" I tried to do the same, my bicycle turned and went into a ditch. The teeth on my pedal cut a nice groove into my right shin. It's faded quite a bit over the years but if you're looking, it's still there. Oddly enough when it happened I was laughing hysterically at myself. Geoff started laughing at me laughing at myself-- it was a real hoot, but I guess ya had to be there.