Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Course Correction

The beauty of the 240 year old political experiment known as American democracy is that the citizens act as a check and balance against themselves.  Whenever the country starts veering too far to the right or left it gets pulled back in the opposite direction.  Consider it a course correction.

For eight years we started veering too far to the right for the American people's tastes so we elected Barack Obama to steer us back to the left a bit.  Now after eight years of Obama, maybe we needed a course correction, maybe not.  But even if we did, what happened yesterday was akin to grabbing the steering wheel when you feel the car veering into the left lane and over-correcting yourself into the ditch on the right side of the road.

So here we find ourselves in a ditch and AAA said the tow won't arrive for four to eight years.  We have a new choice.  Do we wait the 4-8 years for the tow or do we start walking?



2 comments:

cornbread said...

I think I just discovered that I got knocked out cold when we went into the ditch. I finally regained consciousness, shook the fog out of my head, and looked around. What happened? Where is everyone?

Oh wait, there's a couple of people over there! Hey! Can you help me?! Where are you going?! Why are you running away from me?!

Why were they wearing masks? What's going on? How long was I unconscious? Did I wake up to a zombie apocalypse? Am I the zombie?

Perplexio said...

Sometimes unconsciousness is preferable to consciousness. 2020 is such a year.