Monday, December 14, 2009

Photos

Since I don't have much to say today I thought I'd share a small handful of photos. This first one to the left is the Marblehead Lighthouse in Marblehead, OH. I could be wrong but I believe it's the oldest lighthouse on the Great Lakes, or at least the oldest on the US side of the Great Lakes. I took the photo on a Kodak DC-50. Which was/is basically one of the first generations of digital cameras. It might have been a 1MP camera. I don't really recall. I took the photo in June 2001 while on a date with my then-girlfriend. We were on our way back to my apartment in Sandusky after a day @ Put-in-Bay (aka South Bass Island). We were in no particular hurry so we were taking our time and decided to stop and enjoy the lighthouse. This is/was also a popular spot to watch the fireworks over Cedar Point amusement park which are/were visible from this nice little patch of land.




This one was taken in late February or early March 2000. I was in Florida with my parents. We'd been to a couple of museums in St. Petersburg and were literally "racing" to the beach in order to make it in time to watch the sun set on the gulf. We got there just in time.

4 comments:

drewzepmeister said...

very nice pics, Perplexo! I see you like photography as well. I took most of the pics that are my blog(including the header) I took all of them from a Sony DSC-H2 Cyber-shot with 12x Optical Zoom (very expensive toy) If you go through my blog, you'll find pics of sunsets and the lighthouse that I live close by to.

drewzepmeister said...

BTW-I did not take any of the Packer ones. Wish I did. Got 'em off of net.

Perplexio said...

Drew: I now use a Nikon D40 Digital SLR. It lacks the optical zoom that yours has but I like the shutter speed and some of the other features. I took some great fall photos of my daughter with it last month and even a couple of scenic shots with it. For privacy reasons I won't be posting any of the photos of my daughter but next time I pull the photos from the memory card to my laptop I might post a couple of the scenery shots I took that day.

Susan as Herself said...

Ooooh. ^That sunset pic is fab.