Friday, October 06, 2006

Wrandom Memory

When I was a little boy... I'd say about 8-10 years old I was really confused about why so many adults were always talking about the little yellow canary from the Peanuts comic strip. I mean I understood why people might be fans of Snoopy, Linus, Charlie Brown, Lucy, Schroeder, or even Pigpen...

But I just couldn't understand what the big deal was with "Woodstock."

I did of course eventually figure out that they weren't referring to the little yellow canary and why I kept getting strange looks whenever I interjected bits about Charlie Brown or Snoopy whenever someone mentioned Woodstock.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CLASSIC! I love this! You must have brought your family a ton of laughs (without even trying)

I miss you commenting on my blogs :(

Jay Noel said...

From what they were talking about, did they make it sound like Woodstock was a big dope-head?

Janet said...

The adults around me never talked about Woodstock that much. I was much more fascinated with the "war wrr war" sounds all adults apparently made:)